Donate to website operating expenses

Archives

I’m baaack

It would be an essay of epic proportions to describe the water that went under my bridge in the last few months. For a while I was keeping my loyal readers abreast, but the hurrier I went the busier I got until this was among the things I had to give up.

The new Ted has a garden 80% planted, irrigation 80% in, a new job 80% understood, a new woodshop 80% functional, a reloading/music/office/studio 80% as I want it, and my computers 80% operational having left the Windows world for Ubuntu / Linux in a massive crash of my electronic world and recovery independent of The Big Boys.

You might be noticing a pattern here. I learned it years ago working for Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard (which, I understand is a world different from working for Hewlett Packard today). The pattern is called Pareto’s Principle. In a nutshell, 20% of the effort will net 80% of the results while the remaining 20% of the results will take an additional 80% of the effort. Faced with more than any rational man could/should undertake, I Pareto-ed my whole life .. and am here to tell you it works.

Among my goals for today was to figure out how to post on my blog. As usual, I had 26 things on my ToDo list for my weekend (Thurs/Fri). As usual I got a few of them done. I did not plan on Helpful Harry to break the PVC pipe from the irrigation company into my yard eating the second half of my day, but I handled it. Lovely thing, this hardware store and knowledge to use it. I was really and thoroughly done for the day, but the way in to this suddenly appeared in my windshield and here I am, got one more notch on my git-er-done rifle.

I think I’ll just leave you with that hobo stew of metaphores and call it a day.
Six down, 15 to go for for tomorrow. No problem, I’ll just 80% ’em and move on.